Friday, November 10, 2006

Practice, don't just wish

Now a days shopping has become a hobby. It makes us busy when we get bored of routine life. It’s fun but this hobby tempts us to buy even we don’t require. I am not a shopaholic but sometimes I do get into a super mall just to know new products, old products in new cover packs and watch people especially kids.

To buy cashew nuts and dates I went to a grocery store. I observed a 9-10 year old girl dragging the cart, following her fat mistress. Child labour though banned in India still exists in India. I think children begging or dying in streets is worse than assisting rich people in household activities. But in return they must be provided education and basic facilities. Oh! I digressed from the topic.

Suddenly the girl stumbled upon Barbie dolls. She didn’t stop staring them even after ten minutes. She liked them a lot and wants to have them. But how is it possible? She knows the harsh answer she gets if she asks her mistress. Her desire made me to think of gifting her one doll. But the thought how her mistress receives this unexpected offer stopped me doing so. With in few minutes they disappeared and I exited with my items.

I would have made the girl happy, but I didn’t. Why was I hesitant to do even it's a noble thing?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a nice thought to make the little girl happy.But dont u feel that you were after a tempoprary solution( of making the girl happy for that moment).

U should not be upset bcoz u were not able to take the initiative to buy her a doll,instead, u should be contemplating that you were not able to walk up to the mistress and tell her what u feel(that child labour is not henious).

ALLWAYS KEEP THE END IN MIND.

A Guy From * said...

You are right, I should have gone to the mistress and told to take care of child's future.
I felt bad because even its a good deed to do, I doubted. Why don't I just do it?

Past, Present and Future - All are abstract.