Thursday, November 16, 2006

Meaning of the Name

Raj always likes to know the meaning of the names whom ever he meets. It's a way to know people and their culture. He thinks name plays a big impact in everyone's life and some try to live up to their name. Here is a small conversation between Raj and his five students.

Raj: What is your name?
Girl 1: My name is Aarthi.
Raj: Good name. Do you know the meaning of it ?
Aarti: Puja (Prayer)
Raj: Yes. It’s a ritual performed during the prayer of God.
(Immediately all the other students want to tell their names and meanings.)
Girl 2: My name Varsha and it means "rain".
Raj: Good.
Boy 1: My name is Aakash.
Raj: What does it mean?
(At a time, all shouted "Sky" and pointed their forefingers upwards)
Raj to Boy 2: What is your name?
Boy 2: Abhishek. I don't know what it means.
Raj: It is a kind of ritual done in prayer.
Girl 3: My name is "Shabana" and do you know the meaning of it? (She was eager to know the meaning)
Raj: I don't know. (Shabana's face became dull as she didn't get the answer.)
Raj: Your name sounds very sweet and I think it must mean something very beautiful. I will tell you tomorrow.

After returning from the class he asked me. Immediately I googled it and told him it means "Night". "Night" is young and beautiful. I said, we need a boy "Moon" to marry "Night". Moon and Night complement each other beautifully. Ha! Ha!

You know many important events happen at night. sshh! I am talking project.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good yaar.. I think its a real conversation between u and u r students..Can u tell meaning of my name..

Karteek said...

Raghavendra is name of a God (to my knowledge)

Dunno whats meaning of this guy from Star !!!

Past, Present and Future - All are abstract.