Friday, June 30, 2006

Great time with old friend

Vikrant was overjoyed from the past one week about his good old friend Vilas's visit. They recollected the memories of their initial meeting, getting close to each other while working together, old jokes. They roamed together around the city like they used to do during their graduation.

"What a lovely beach! I should have come here with my girl friend. I came with you, really I am an idiot", said Vilas, combing his hair. Vikrant came out of his thoughts suddenly when Vilas waved his hands before Vikrant's eyes. "What are you thinking?" asked Vilas.

“Nothing in this world is permanent, why do you crave for something?” said Vikrant. Vilas got surprised to Vikrant's unexpected Vedanta and said "Hey Partha! Please leave me, no preaching philosophy. I want to live". Both started guffawing at the same time. "And that too I am on vacation, its party time. I hope you can understand and of course why don't you too have party time with your girl friends, Partha!” continued Vilas. "You should definitely need a girl friend. A best way to become penniless, you deserve it", replied Vikrant still laughing. "Yeah, my dear friend, only for that reason I am making friendship with you so that I can come to you when ever I get broke", sighed Vilas. Vikrant chuckled and said "wah, wah, Great foresight! You didn't even get a girl friend but started preparing for the consequences".

"Its ok, enough for now, tell me what were you thinking?" Vilas asked for the second time. "Nothing, leave it. Just enjoy the waves there", evaded the question.

Now it is time to bid good bye to each other. Both were feeling the moments of farewell with lot of difficulty, but they know it happens in life.

"Vilas, I had a nice time with you. I have no idea for what you said those words at beach but you were right; nothing is permanent, neither we being together nor being away. Okay pal, we will meet again".

"Yeah sure, get a girl friend soon. You would be here with in no time". Both burst into laughter along with the siren of the train. And in few seconds the train left the station and Vikrant ran towards his busy office life, thinking about the week's pending work.

No comments:

Past, Present and Future - All are abstract.