Thursday, October 19, 2006

Marketing by Techy geek (Part-2)

I went home jumping and screaming, "Hi, We all are going to a cultural event, I have got passes each worth Rs.500.” Latha, my favorite loquacious sister was overjoyed seeing the concert tickets. Later, after having dinner my mother asked, "What happened? Are you okay now? I think after dinner now you are normal." With out noticing surprise in my face, she continued with her soft tone, "You never dropped me to the temple even once from the past one year and all of a sudden you are taking us to some concert spending a lot of time and money.” She felt happy but told that dad and she are going to uncle's home. I felt bad about my so called busy life ignoring family. Thanks to this workshop, I will now spend some time with my family.

The next day in the office, during the lunch break I told to my colleagues about the concert, aroused interest about it. Most of them were interested but at the end rejected politely giving various reasons - lack of interest, other appointments, busy life and high price of the ticket. All my hopes to sell at least five tickets gradually thrashed as each hour passed. Even my friends expressed the same and even gave me advice that there are many events aired in the 100 television channels, watch and enjoy them. Two friends agreed, but they will confirm after checking their appointments.

“The Result – this workshop has ruined all the peace in my life. If I can't sell this peanuts worth ticket how can I sell my expensive applications in future. Until now I sold to only two tickets to me – sis and myself. Similarly, will I be the only person who buys my applications? This workshop is visualizing all my inabilities. I am fed up completely.”

When I reached home drearily, my sister asked whether I can arrange two more tickets for her friends. I was on cloud nine when I heard her words and I offered them 2 tickets immediately. I slept thinking, “God, your deeds are always unpredictable, you always give me surprises”.

As it was friday, I had too much work at office. I had gone for a break to get fresh air amid hectic work. For brunch, I ordered pine apple juice at the office canteen. While I was sipping the juice, the canteen guy tapped on my back and said, “I heard that you had got passes for a concert. I would be happy if you can give me two.” What's going on here ? This guy has bought who earns hardly Rs.4000 per month and my colleagues who earn thrice than him can't afford. Oh God! Again you are unpredictable.

And finally in those ten days I sold 8 tickets for the concert. Is it not a great figure? I feel its great. Various lessons I learned from this workshop are lifetime experiences. You Wanna try to attend this workshop?

No comments:

Past, Present and Future - All are abstract.