Sunday, October 15, 2006

Buying Toys for children

Children usually like to play with toys. My mom used to buy toys worth Rs150/- each costs from Rs3/- to Rs20/- (very cheap in those days) during my childhood. And my friend's dad used to buy him two toys or games (Rs. 120/-, Rs. 50/-) approximately spending same amount. What is the difference between the two practices?

A child likes to play a toy only for few minutes and then after some time s/he needs the new entertainment. So it’s better to have many toys. And next reason is that most of the children break or damage the toys with in no time. If the toys are very costly and less, mom has to think other ways to make me happy or spend more bucks. So, keeping all this in mind to make me happy she buys inexpensive play ware frequently constrained to her budget.

But one counter-intuitive argument is there. When I went to my friend's home he had electronic/automatic games and I liked a lot to play with them as I didn't have them at my home. I used to think why mom is not buying such games. So, often I asked to my parents to buy such games and they bought very rarely. I was happy with that. But my mom's logic was cent percent correct as I used to play with them for maximum period of 5-10 days and then kept them somewhere in the store room either in broken or normal state.

I don't know whether I follow the same pattern exactly or not as I am being 7 years old, I hardly can observe, analyze my mom's logic. But when she told me when I am grown enough to understand her strategy I got enthused to know how great my mom understands the child's psychology and makes her child happy.

No comments:

Past, Present and Future - All are abstract.