Saturday, July 08, 2006

Do animals revolt against humans?

"Grand Pa, Tell to Steve that humans are not animals. He is not agreeing to that even after telling him a lot", complained Bharat. "Yes my child, Steve is correct. Humans are social animals, the most intelligent among the animals. That is the reason humans rule the world."

I saw my grandson's face showing pity towards me. "Poor Grand Pa, You too don't know the fact. My teacher while teaching a lesson said that this world consists of human beings and animals. If humans are also animals why would she distinguish?" said Bharat.

At first I was surprised by seeing my grandson giving importance to each and every word what his teacher said in his school. We do give importance to words when we care for them. For a while I thought for the reason in what context his teacher might have said so. Then I said, "We always say 'king and the people' and in saying so we give special attention to the king. Similarly in this case, humans are the rulers of the animals.

"Then we are in great danger. We have to face revolution", said Bharat worriedly. I asked "Why do you think so? What happened? We are not at all in danger".

"Yes Grand Pa, just like in the story of Subhash Chandra Bose which you told last night, when British rulers acted as dictators and denied fundamental rights of Indian people Indian revolution was born and fought against the British army". When we saw a snake passing in our garden, grand ma told me that this was a forest two years ago but we built houses here by clearing trees and killing wild animals. So according to your story, when king becomes a dictator and does not allow people entitled with most basic fundamental right "Right to live", then a revolution starts from his people. Then animals might be thinking to start the revolution."

I was astonished to listen to the words of my little grandson. "Bharat, Bharat come fast, breakfast is ready", shouted his mother. He disappeared from the room in a second but not his words. Will animals start revolution against humans killing them for our personal gains? No, never. Animals are real social animals which allow us to live in their habitat. But we cruel intelligent humans are destroying their habitat. Some day it becomes inevitable to do revolution against us.

No comments:

Past, Present and Future - All are abstract.