Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Tough exam? - Never lose hope

Today, I gave NN examination. It was such a tough paper that I couldn't write even a single letter literally in the first one hour. I was reading the textbook (Open Text Book Exam) just to understand the question. For a small question which carries 3 marks I read, tried and struggled a lot for 45 minutes. Solving it gave me some hope and with that I partially finished the 1st question. I passed on to the next question. Absolutely no idea at all. I have nothing to do but leave it. But I thought why not give a try, then read the text book again and tried to build up some idea. At last I could able to write little bit.

Then I moved on to the third and final question. The answers which I have written for the earlier 2 questions gave me some confidence. Last question was completely new which I never read in the whole course, but I remembered that I read similar one in my graduation. Again read other text books for the hints. Just 20 minutes before the end of the examination I got some hint and you know, I cracked it - 12 marks in my basket. At the end I was in ecstasy.

Now I shall compare my experience to this expression "0 + 3 + 5 + 5 + 12 = 25". Hey, why "0" in the expression? Yeah, initially when I looked the question paper my mind was blank (of course thinking whether I will pass or not). Then "+" which symbolizes my trying and not giving up the hope made all the difference to score about 25 out of 50. Ultimately it’s a nice lesson from a tough exam.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amiable dispatch and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you for your information.

Past, Present and Future - All are abstract.