Thursday, August 17, 2006

I-Day & breaking Pot on Janmashtami

On Aug 15th, we celebrated our Independence by hoisting the National Flag and then sang the patriotic songs. An electric impulse is always generates in me when ever I hear the National Song particularly our Anthem during such occasions. It makes me think to become a soldier and serve my country. Of course I opine that we should become a soldier, may not to wage a war but to bring peace to our country and the world. Immedialtely after the celebration I had a lecture - one may wonder who the hell is taking the lecture during this national holiday. Actually Professor is a Visiting Faculty and as he was busy, he had to schedule during this auspicious National holiday. But during and after listening the lecture I thought this is the one of best way I can celebrate the Independence Day. The lecture about finance was fantastic and I can view it as a symbol of the freedom - Right to Speak, Preach. After the lecture I had lunch and slept for 6 hours. Great deep sleep! And then we all watched the film "Lagaan". I can say that it is one of the evergreen classics. What a beautiful film! I liked it a lot. "Necessity is the mother of Invention" can be observed.
And on August 16th, we have another festival Krishnashtami. We, in India have a lot of festivals and always enjoy ourselves in celebrating them. At night 10:00 PM the ceremony started and all the friends participated in breaking the pot (Matki Phod). A pot of curd is tied at a height of twenty feet. And we all have to form layers, climb on the layers, reach the pot and break it. Though I don't have a hefty and strong personality, out of sheer enthusiasm I stood in the second layer. The guy who has to form a third layer has to climb second layer. But he has unfortunately chosen me to climb on my back. I tried very hard to support him, but after a minute or two I was unable to bear him and I fell down, resulting all the guys tumble down. It was fun. After that I didn't participate in forming layers but was cheering with the spectators. After four failed attempts we finally accomplished it.
National Festival! Krishnastami! Fun! Devotion and Lots of Fun!

No comments:

Past, Present and Future - All are abstract.