Sunday, May 28, 2006

In deep thoughts

These are the two reasons that kept me awake and thinking for the whole night.
1. Avi gave me the opportunity to work on futures in Commodity markets. If I take that offer I would become an employee in his company. His company is making good deal of success. And I too can grow with its tremendous growth.
2. After the chat with Hari(an alumnus) and last night with Arjun about Project Vidya my enthusiasm to build educational product increased a lot. When Arjun asked me the reason to go for that plan so strongly I told him that I want to become a part in revolutionizing the education system.
After completion of chatting, the whole night I was deeply thinking about the pros and cons of the above two opportunities. First one is good for my monetary growth but the other one is to realize my great interest in becoming an Entrepreneur. I know the first road is a clear one where as the second one is bumpy. Then I remembered the message in "The monk who sold his Ferrari" - 'To become successful you need to strive to do the things which ordinary people don't want to do.' Later I thought about the various plans if I choose the second one.
At 6:30 in the morning I went for a walk. I enjoyed the soothing greenery and beautiful birds along the walk. Then came a question in my mind - Can you sacrifice your job that you secure in campus placement for Vidya?
At that moment my thoughts were like this - Yes I can. Even if I am not successful in this plan I will strive for the education for the children of rural areas. I will go to towns,villages, train them and employ them to go ahead. I can become a lecturer to earn my livelihood. Can't I take the risk to do the one which my instinct says - Have vision, set goals and go for the big aim of your life. But this is test to my will and commitment. Arjun said that to go ahead with the plan we need dedication.
Though my guts are directing me towards Vidya let me think even more so that I will come to a decision.
Sometimes you make the right decision, sometimes you make the decision right. - Dr. Phil

No comments:

Past, Present and Future - All are abstract.