Saturday, May 26, 2007

A memorable birthday

Tring! Tring! Tring! Tring!

“Hello!” I answered the call drowsily.

“Happy Birthday to you, dear brother,” wished my brother.

“Thank you,” I said with a smile.

And then my mother wished me to have a great birthday. After that I heard brothers and sisters singing the birthday song. It is honey to ears! What else can be better than that?

It’s a fantastic morning, which I began the day with a smile. The smile in my face is present through out the day.

Late in the evening, while browsing the internet, I found an interesting concept. According to Vedas, life is divided into four ashrams (stages), each of 25 years. The first one is Brahmacharya (Childhood and Bachelor) which involves seeking the knowledge and being away from sexual pleasures. The second one is called Grihastaashram , a colorful stage of life with sex, relationships and money. And the third stage is Vaanaprastaashram. It is all about liberation from all the family affairs. Sanyasa is the last stage and is again about the search of true knowledge.

So, according to it I have still two more years to get into colorful life. Until then, I will have no spouse and no spice in my life. [ :-( ]

But one good thing, I can live my peacefully according to my wish for two more years before getting into slavery of 25 years. [ :-) ]

No comments:

Past, Present and Future - All are abstract.